Welcome to the Needlepoint Pillows Blog

For lovers of needlepoint, needlepoint pillows, and decorative pillows...this blog's for you. We'll cover Aubusson pillows, dog pillows, nautical pillows, floral pillows, geometric pillows, hooked pillows, Christmas pillows, Holiday pillows, and a whole lot more.

From your handmade, high-end pillow experts at NeedlepointPillows.com.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pillows for the Day After

Golden Silk Embroidered Pillow at NeedlepointPillows.com
Feeling fragile after the Super Bowl? I don't blame you. The recent Australian Open Tennis Championships was another mega sporting event that left me exhausted, and I admit to taking to my bed for an hour after the epic World Cup battle between the Norwegian and German ski teams at Willingen (Germany won after overtaking Norway on the final jump).

The athletes themselves get professional rub-downs and therapeutic massages, while us poor spectators are left to recover from the sporting spectacles as best we can. I'm a tactile kind of person and get a lot of comfort from simply touching something smooth and soft, like stroking my dog's furry head. Of course, appreciating anything of visual beauty can be quite calming too.

In my line of work, I get the best of both worlds: the decorative pillows I sell are both pleasing to the touch and to the eye. For instance, the golden silk embroidered pillow pictured here is sleek and satiny to the touch as only silk can be, while its tone-on-tone intricate embroidery patterns of leaves and flowers creates a restful beauty.

Better yet, when I'm caught sitting at my desk, gazing at a gorgeous throw cushion in my hands, I deny the "goofing off" charges vehemently and mutter things about the American hard work ethic and sheer, unceasing dedication. (I have the best job in the world).

No comments:

Post a Comment